Online Reputation Management: Keys to empowering and it's effect
Typically, effective leaders are associated with making people feel that they are valued and respected.
Do you feel like you create this impact on people?
Well, if you said 'yes' then good for you! They way you make others feel about themselves says a lot about the kind of person you are. This revolves around the person you really are and, more importantly, the person you are perceived to be. The message you pass on to people verbally or even visually by your actions can cause a great influence on them. These influences can go either or - it can draw people towards you or it can cause people to run away from you.
In the field of sales or business, this key measurement is of vital importance. From your first meeting to bumping into them at a local supermarket - the simple gestures, the vibe and the appearance you give off allows them to build on these perceptions. Everything you do or don’t do either adds to or takes away from your credibility and your capability to influence them.
As a psychology student I am passionate about the need to empower people towards greater happiness and resiliance. All of us need to be educated about our potential to bring about real change in our lives. We could all benefit from applying strategies that would enhance the quality of our lives, give us greater health outcomes and help us live more meaningful and fulfilling lives regardless of whether it is our personal, social or business life. And by empowering a person with these values, I feel, creates your persona of an effective leader.
Empowering is simple, and can be done in many effortless ways:
- Smile - Smiling is the simplest, most affective way to attract people towards you.
- Be positive - the laws of attraction states that positive attracts positive and negative attracts negative
- Be confident - this gives people the opportunity to trust what you are saying, and will most likely look into pursuing their relationship with you.
- Be supportive - From encouraging people to learn new things to helping them iron out their mistakes; this gives people the impression that you have trust in them, which then enhances their confidence levels and increases their opportunity to success.
- Share your knowledge - the way you would look for knowledge from authority is the way other people look to you for authority.
- And most importantly, be yourself - you want to secure the relationships you pursue.
Empowering is a key principle, and can be done online as well as offline. We at Switch strongly believe and practice this as an everyday assignment, passing on our knowledge not only to enhance the lives of our clients businesses but also the lives of our surrounding people.